Sunday 22 January 2012

I've survived the first weekend!

Well, I've managed to survived the first weekend away from everyone. Spent a large portion of it in the staffroom at school using the computer and the internet, but I did manage to stay out of the school until after Sabbath at least.

The church in Mossman is small and very old, so you can imagine how the eyes of the members lit up when the much younger me turned up. Anyway, an old couple took me home for lunch which was the first real meal I've eaten since leaving home.

This morning was spend cleaning up my unit. Pics will follow once I've got reliable internet. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I feel better for having cleaned it at least. I just can't really wait until my own belongings come and I can make it feel more like home.

School starts tomorrow which is exciting, but I'm scared at the same time. For the first time I will be completely responsible for those kids. No superviser to give me back up or anything like that. But I know I can do it, because my supervisors knew it and to sell myself short would be to laugh in the face of everything they said. Not to put aside every bit of support from my friends and family.

Love you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment