Saturday 28 January 2012

One week down...

Well I managed to survive the first week with minimal dramas! The large majority of my students are going to be absolute pleasures to teach but, as always, there are going to be a couple of real rat bags that are going to drive me absolutely insane.

The staff here are really fantastic. They are supportive and aways happy to give me a hand if I need it... which admittedly seems to happen a lot :S

I have a 'new' computer and all my sign-ins up and going which makes life much easier, although the computer is that old that it doesn't have an SD card reader so no photos yet. Having said this, apparently the staff are up for new ones in Term 2 so we shall see how that one goes.

Still living in a motel unit in town, mainly because when I went to move a whole pile of stuff out to my unit on Thursday I discovered that someone had been in it and had locked the glass door, a door that I don't have a key for :( I'm pretty sure it was just the Accommodation Officer out here doing a final check being the person that locked it and she managed to track down the missing key, but unless the person who has the key put it in my pigeon hole on Friday after I left school (not that I can get into the staff common room anyway) I won't be getting that key until Monday. So hopefully I will manage to make the move sometime mid week.

On the bright side, all my belongings should arrive on Friday! Yay for pots, pans and furniture! I am seriously getting sick and tired of noodles and frozen dinners!

Going to take a trek down to Cairns tomorrow for some household furnishings that you can't get in a town like Mossman, assuming that I can manage to stop procrastinating with the lesson planning, which means I'd better get back to it.

Love you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment